- Fall 2013 update
- MoDOT to open new ramp from EB I-70 to Tucker
- PSB Consultant briefing - ppt
- Updates (September 2013) : DBE Subcontract list; Overall workforce data
- All MRB public tours are full -- click here for options
- Poplar Street Bridge ramp project
Construction work on the Mississippi River Bridge project has begun.The new Mississippi River Bridge is the first bridge built connecting downtown St. Louis and southwestern Illinois in more than 40 years. Currently, the only urban interstate bridge between Illinois and Missouri is the Poplar Street Bridge, known locally as the PSB. The PSB is one of two bridges in the United States that carry three interstates. By relocating one interstate (I-70) from the Poplar Street Bridge to the new Mississippi River Bridge, drivers will experience less congestion, fewer crashes and less unnecessary fuel use. Learn about the project, and stay up-to-date by checking this site regularly and subscribing to our e-mail updates and social networking tools. The bridge should be open to traffic in 2014.
- October 1 , 2013: Crews have finished constructing the driving surface and installing the cables on the main span. Crews have built the concrete barriers and are working to place a two-inch latex concrete overlay, paint the towers and the anti-vandalism devices, place the electrical cables and install the lights and signs. The project is on track to be complete by early 2014.
- The Missouri Approach is complete.
- Construction work for the Illinois Approach is complete.
October 1, 2013: Work is pretty much finished on the Missouri North interchange. Crews have opened the ramp from eastbound I-70 to Tucker Boulevard for traffic into the city. The remainder of the interchange will remain closed until the bridge opens in early 2014.
August 7 , 2013: Construction projects along the the tri-level interchange are nearly complete. Crews have finished constructing the curved bridge over the railroad tracks and the 1st Street Bridge. Work is nearly complete on the Route 3 bridges and all the pavement is down on the new I-70 mainline. Crews are still continuing to work on building shoulders, signing and lighting on the projects.
August 7 , 2013: Work continues on the relocated I-70 bridges, with crews constructing parapet on the westbound bridges and finishing the deck and parapet on the eastbound bridges. The roundabout at St. Clair Avenue is completed, and crews are continuing the work to resurface the interstates around the tri-level interchange.
The Mississippi River Bridge team is offering limited monthly public tours for the river bridge project. At this time, all public tours are full. Reservations for the tour are required and will be taken on a first come, first served basis. For more details on other tour options, please click here.